Thursday, August 30, 2012

Debut post for graphic artist Jenna! Roosdett

Jenna! Roosdett, by ... Jenna! Roosdett.
We thought it would be fun to have a blog contributor deliver just visuals about back-to-campus life. And in Jenna! Roosdett, an artist whose work is seen widely on campus because she does all the graphics for Student Activities (and they do a LOT!), we found our candidate. Thank you, Jenna!, for stepping up. 

Like everyone, she's been slammed with work and classes all week. So her first post is a product from her life drawing class. But, here's Jenna! to tell you about herself and her first drawing for the Life Hacks blog.

Hi there. As you probably see, my name is Jenna! and I'm working towards my BFA in Graphic Design and Photography as well as working with Student Activities as their Graphics Team Manager.

As this semester starts, the peak of my college career seems not too far away. Having to balance GERs as well as three Art studios in a row on some
days seems like a challenge I'm willing to tackle for that little piece of paper telling me that I'm finally done.

Working on a relatively dead campus over the summer has made me appreciate the chaos of the semester, even though balancing my job and my classes at the same time is a struggle. The events that I help broadcast and the people that grace my presence during work and class time make it all worth it.

Getting back into drawing is nerve wracking, even for a designer. I forgot about my love of using charcoal until we got our first model in Life Drawing and as soon as I finished this piece I could feel the inspiration coming back to me, the charcoal soaking through my fingers and into my creative veins



No comments:

Post a Comment