Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Meet your friendly Club Council Chair

Doesn't bite. Likes making new friends.
I'm totally new to blogging, but it seems interesting and I'm always excited to help people however I can.

I'll start by telling you a little about myself. This is my third year at UAA, and I would say that I finally feel comfortable with the amount of responsibilities I've taken on. I am currently the Chair of Club Council (CC), but in my first two years I was involved with several clubs and held positions in a few.

I have been the Vice Chair of CC, the Vice President of ASCE and RHA, a senator for USUAA, and a few others. This does not include my job as an RA or PM for Residence Life, my ANSEP involvement, work for Tlingit and Haida groups, theatre opportunitie, or church involvement. If you would like help escaping a busy life of too many commitments, I can probably help you with that. Over-extension is not something I recommend. That, or I can make you feel better knowing that someone else has shared your situation.



As with any organization, there are several acronyms it would be wise to learn if you wish to create or get involved with a club. Most of the acronyms I have used refer to clubs and organizations on campus. The best way to remember what club or organization an acronym stands for, at least for me, is just to remember the full name of the club or organization itself. Once you're familiar with full names, the acronym should just "click" when you here it or see it.

Lastly, feel free to say hi, introduce yourself, or ask me a question, as you please. Except when I'm walking somewhere. It's likely that I won't notice you then unless you're particularly gregarious. Just be warned.

I don't bite though, I promise, and I like making new friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment